FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

Does a solicitor/peddler need a license to come to my home?

Solicitors/peddlers are required to display a city-issued vendor license with them at all times when soliciting or peddling, and at the request of any citizen. To exclude solicitors/peddlers from your home place a sign stating “peddlers, and/or solicitors prohibited.”

For more information regarding Peddling and Soliciting, click here.

How do I contact the Hubbard Police Department?

You can contact the Hubbard Police Department (Non-Emergency) by phone at 503-981-8738, during office hours(Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.). After hours contact dispatch at 503-982-2340. You can also go to the City Hall at 3720 Second Street, Hubbard OR 97032

How do I know if I am/my neighbor is being too noisy?

Any sound producing device is in violation of code if it exceeds 60 dBA(neighbor mowing lawn) between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., or exceeds 70 dBA(neighbor's loud muscle car) between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., or is plainly audible from the property within which it is created.

For more information regarding noise regulations, click here.

How long can I keep an inoperable vehicle on a public right of way?

You may not keep a vehicle or trailer on the city streets to make any repairs, except for those that can be finished within 4 hours. Inoperable vehicles cannot be kept on private property for more than 30 days without being stored inside of an enclosed building.

For more information regarding vehicles on public right of way, click here.

I want to burn yard debris

The burning season is open from March 1st to June 15th and from October 1st to December 15th. The DEQ and the Hubbard Fire Department regulates what days you are able to burn during the season.

To find out if it is a burn day contact the automated information line at 503-982-0011.

For complete regulations contact the Hubbard Fire Department at 503-981-9454.

There are dogs/cats at large on my property, what do I do?

If there are dogs running at large on your property you can contact the Hubbard Police Department at 503-981-8738, or Marion County Dog Control at 503-588-5233.

For more information about how to deal with stray cats on your property please contact the Oregon Humane Society for more information by calling 503-285-7722 .

For information on the Hubbard Municipal Code regarding animals at large, click here.