City of Hubbard Oregon
Home of the Hubbard Hop Festival every July!



City of Hubbard Oregon
Home Page / Common Questions
Common Questions



When does the splash fountain turn-on? 

The splash fountain is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. The fountain turns on at 10:45 am and turns off at 9:30 pm. To ensure the health and safety of those who use the fountain the water is tested and treated regularly.

To help ensure that the water does not get contaminated do not allow your children to play in the fountain with regular diapers, however, they are welcome to play in the water with swim diapers on.

You can contact the Public Works Department with any questions at 503-982-9429


Can I reserve the shelter at Rivenes Park or the ball-fields at Barendse Park?

The shelter at Rivenes Park is available on a “first come” basis and cannot be reserved. The only exception to this rule is during a Council approved community event, such as the annual Hop Fest. However, the ball fields at Barendse Park can be reserved. 

To reserve a field at Barendse call the Public Works Department at 503-982-9429


A street light is out, what do I do?

The City of Hubbard contracts with PGE for all electrical service, maintenance, and repair. If you see that a street light is out on any of the streets in Hubbard please contact Portland General Electric and have as reference the map and pole number located on the pole tag (a round metal tag placed at about eye level on the pole). You can report that a street light is out at 503-464-7777, or 800-544-1795, and by clicking here.


How long can I keep an inoperable vehicle on a public right of way?

You may not keep a vehicle or trailer on the city streets to make any repairs, except for those that can be finished within 4 hours. Inoperable vehicles cannot be kept on private property for more than 30 days without being stored inside of an enclosed building.


How do I know if I am/ my neighbor is being too noisy?

Any sound producing device is in violation of code if it exceeds 60 dBA(neighbor mowing lawn) between the hours of 9PM and 7 AM, or exceeds 70 dBA(neighbor's loud muscle car) between 7AM to 9PM, or is plainly audible from the property within which it is created.


There are dogs/cats at large on my property, what do I do?

If there are dogs running at large on your property you can contact the Hubbard Police Department at 503-981-8738, or Marion County Dog Control at 503-588-5233.

For more information about how to deal with stray cats on your property please contact the Oregon Humane Society for more information by calling 503-285-7722 .


I am building a fence on my property, how tall can it be?

Fences, walls, and hedges, may be located in any yard or along the edge of any yard, subject to the maintenance of clear-vision area. Fences along a front property line, or within a front yard set back, shall not exceed a height of five feet, when the fence is at least 50% open. All other fences, walls or hedges shall not exceed a height of three and one half feet along the front property line or within a front yard set-back. All fences that are located within the legs of a vision clearance area at street and alley intersections shall not exceed three and on half feet in height from the adjacent curb elevation and shall be constructed of a material that is not sight obscuring. A fence, wall or hedge may not exceed six feet in height without the approval of a variance.

If you have any questions you can call City Hall at 503-981-9633


What I should know about remodeling/building structures in Hubbard?

Nearly all new construction and many remodeling projects require permits. Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical permits can be obtained directly from Marion County, while building permits can be obtained at the City Hall.

Marion County Building

555 Court Street NE, Salem, 2nd Floor

If you have any questions contact City Hall at 503-981-9633


Does a solicitor/peddler need a license to come to my home?

Solicitors/peddlers are required to display a city issued vendor license with at all times when soliciting or peddling, and at the request of any citizen. To exclude solicitors/peddlers from your home place a sign stating “peddlers, and/or solicitors prohibited.”


I want to burn yard debris

The burning season is open from March 1st to June 15th and from October 1st to December 15th. The DEQ and the Hubbard Fire Department regulates what days you are able to burn during the season.

To find out if it is a burn day contact the automated information line at 503-982-0011.

For complete regulations contact the Fire Department at 503-981-9454.


Do I need a license for my business?

The City of Hubbard does not issue business licenses. The city does require that all businesses, including home occupations, register with city. Business owners are able to register their businesses in person at the City Hall.

If you have any questions contact the City Recorder at 503-981-9633


How can I get an item put on the City Council agenda?

If you would like to have an item placed onto the City Council agenda please contact the City Recorder, by the Wednesday prior to the next City Council meeting.

To contact the City Recorder call 503-981-9633


I received a traffic ticket in Hubbard, where do I go for court?

At the bottom of your ticket, your court date, time, and appearance location is written. You will need to contact the court where you are cited to appear with any questions. If you are cited to appear in the Hubbard Municipal Court, you will need to go to the City Hall at 3720 Second Street, Hubbard Oregon 97032 on the date and time indicated on your ticket. Court is located in the Council Chambers.

                     Court Schedule*


*The Court Calendar is subject to change when necessary.


Where is the City Hall and when is it open? 

The City Hall is located at:


3720 Second Street

Hubbard Oregon 97032

Hours of Operation:

Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


How do I contact the Hubbard City Hall?

You can contact the City Hall by phone Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 503-981-9633.


How do I contact the Hubbard Police Department?

You can contact the Hubbard Police Department (Non-Emergency) by phone at 503-981-8738, during office hours(Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.). After hours contact dispatch at 503-982-2340. You can also go to the City Hall at 3720 Second Street, Hubbard OR 97032


How do I get a hold of an elected official?

The City of Hubbard governs through a city council which consists of four councilors and a mayor. The city council typically meets the second Tuesday of each month. If you need to contact the mayor or a city councilor, click here.


I want to get involved in my community, what can I do?

There are numerous groups within the Hubbard community through which you can be of service. Below is a listing of some of the civic groups that are currently organized.


Alcoholics Anonymous, contact Dave Darnell 503-951-0415

Hop Festival Committee, contact Fire Dept. 503-981-9454

Hubbard Cemetery Committee, contact Linda Dryden 503-981-4249

North Marion High School Boosters, contact 503-678-5835

North Marion PTA, contact 503-678-5835

North Marion PRYDE, contact 503-678-5835

TOPS(Take Off Pounds Sensibly), contact Clara Karsten 503-981-6815


What do I need to do if I have a public records request?

The documents or records requested may not be immediately available for your review and you may need to make an appointment to review the document or records requested.  There may be a cost for research time to retrieve the requested documents or records, and there is a cost for obtaining copies of documents or records.  If research time is required, you will be notified of the estimated cost prior to retrieving the documents or records.  Prepayment for research time and copies may be required. A request to review public documents or records of the City of Hubbard pursuant to the Public Reords Act and the City of Hubbard's policy as set by Resolution may be obtained after complettion of the Public Records Request FORM.



City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon
City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon
Related Resources


Parks and Recreation

Hubbard Hop Festival

City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon
City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon City of Hubbard, Hubbard Oregon


Barendse Memorial Park in Hubbard Oregon


All Material Copyrighted 2011-2012, City of Hubbard, or by original content developer/artist. Click here for Copyright Notice.
Site Design :: Northwest Web Design Services | Staff Login